This week in Jane (#JJ100)
We’re less than two weeks away from our fifth annual Jane’s Walk here in New York City and we’re pleased to say that we have over one hundred and thirty five walks scheduled May 6-8, 2016. All walks are free and no RSVP is required (with a few exceptions) and all walks are listed here: http://www.mas.org/janeswalk/ Start making your plans!
But, just in the five days, we have a number of great events coming up in New York and around the country – here are some selected highlights, for a complete list, visit our jj100.org events page
- April 27th: the Waterfront Alliance is hosting another of their Deep Dives lecture series on Uncovering the Working Waterfront: 6-8PM (New York City)
- April 27th: The Gonwanus Canal Conservancy is hosting a panel discussion on People/Plant Continuum: the Evolving Power of Plants in Urban Spaces. 6-8 PM (Brooklyn)
- April 29th: The exhibition Jane at Home opens showing photos and items from Jane’s house in Toronto. Through May 8. (Toronto)
- April 30th: 596 Acres and the Public Space Party are hosting the re-scheduled Gardens are Community, Community Spaces in Jeopardy bike ride on Saturday, April 30th. They’ll start at Elizabeth Street Gardens and ride to four others that are threatened by development. (New York City: Manhattan and Brooklyn)
- April 30th: Preservation Houston hosts their annual Gold Brick Tour of homes. (Houston, TX)
We’ll have highlights for the coming weekend and into early May later this week.